Tuesday 6 March 2012

Well, I did manage to get my longer runs in - but I managed to get shin splints in the process! Very frustrating - did two 16km long runs, with a row in between, and was feeling very pleased with myself. A few twinges in the week meant I kept off the treadmill and did CV work on the cross-trainer and ergs. I managed a fast 5k without too much damage, but three miles into a planned 15 miler felt the shin splints come on... The two miles home were unpleasant :(

I took a week off training to try and heal myself. My left leg seems normal now, but I still have pain on impact in my right leg. SO, still off the roads and the treadmill :( I miss running terribly, but have rowed Women's Head of the River (this Saturday) and started a new training regime while I recover. I do a morning swim and an evening CV/strength session in the gym to try and keep things ticking over until I can start putting down the mileage.

Did 40 minutes swimming Monday and Tuesday morning (reckon that's about 60 lengths), and put in 45 on the cross trainer yesterday; hoping to up it slightly for today's session...

Fingers cross this will keep my CV fitness up, and help build up my calf muscles to stop me having another shinjury!

No comments:

Post a Comment